Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
It's a good thing! And I'll keep all other comments to myself.
Make and share this Martha Stewarts Foolproof Pie Crust recipe from Food.com.
- Put the flour, salt and sugar into a food processor and pulse once or twice.
- Add the butter and process until the mixture looks grainy.
- Then slowly, while pulsing, add the water until you can form the dough by pressing it between your fingers.
- Decant the loose dough onto a piece of plastic wrap.
- Using the wrap, fold the loose dough towards the middle and press with the back of your hands to form dough.
- Split into two pieces and wrap each and chill for at least 4 hours before using.
- Dough can be made ahead for up to one week.
This is my favorite roll-out pie crust. However, when I first started making it I was disappointed with the edge because it puffed while baking, making the neat, decorative pinched edge no longer visible. After a few trials, I discovered by accident that refrigerating the completely assembled pie for 30-90 minutes before baking keeps the edge looking neat. Now, I do this every time.
I have made this several times...just getting around to rating it. Wonderful recipe, nice buttery flaky crust.
Excellent. I used this for a crust for Chicken Pot Pie. I improvised because I was too lazy to get the food processor out and used my immersion blender instead.I had great results and a light flaky crust. Thanks for posting!