1/2 Photos of Martha Stewart's Classic Mashed Potatoes
Adapted from MS Living November 2008
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place potatoes and 2 Tbls of salt in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water by 2 inches, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, heat cream, milk and butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until butter melts.
- 3Drain potatoes and press through a ricer. (or use masher until smooth). Pour warmed cream mixture over potatoes in a slow steady stream and stir until smooth.
- 4Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately or keep warm in a covered bowl over simmering water for up to 2 hours.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Martha Stewart's Classic Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.3
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.7 g
- Cholesterol 74.2 mg
- Sodium 35.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 5.9 g