- 4 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- coarse salt and pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 ounces unsalted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place potatoes and 2 Tbls of salt in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water by 2 inches, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat cream, milk and butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until butter melts.
- Drain potatoes and press through a ricer. (or use masher until smooth). Pour warmed cream mixture over potatoes in a slow steady stream and stir until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately or keep warm in a covered bowl over simmering water for up to 2 hours.