Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
I love cilantro-lime rice, and this is surprisingly simple so it's a keeper. I must confess I threw in some coconut milk in the end for fun, and I loved it even more. Recipe is posted as written courtesy of Martha Stewart.
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- coarse salt
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil.
- Add rice and 1/4 teaspoon salt and cover. Reduce to a simmer and cook until water is absorbed and rice is just tender, 16-18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, combine cilantro, lime juice, oil, garlic, and 2 tablespoons of water. Blend until smooth.
- Stir into cooked rice and fluff with a fork.