Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
adapted from http://www.amateurgourmet.com/
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml unsalted butter, room temperature
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 118.29 ml packed dark brown sugar
- 9.85 ml pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 340.19 g semisweet chocolate chunks (about 2 cups)
- Preheat the oven to 375F, with racks in the upper and lower thirds. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the butter and both sugars on medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes) scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the vanilla, whole egg, and egg white, beating on low speed until well combined (about 1 minute).
- Add flour mixture in two batches; mix until just combined.
- Mix in chocolate.
- Shape 2 heaping tablespoons of dough at a time into balls and place about 1 1/2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until cookies are golden brown, about 18 minutes.
- Transfer parchment and cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cookies can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.