Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia "This satisfying meal — chili, cheddar, hash browns — takes only five minutes to prep. What could be more welcome after a busy day? You'll find shredded, partially cooked potatoes in the refrigerated section or the freezer case. Look for brands that are free of preservatives."
- 4 cups chili
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425, with rack set in upper third. Divide chili among four individual baking dishes (10 to 12 ounces each). Set aside.
- Place potatoes in a double layer of paper towels; squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, cheese, and cilantro; season with salt and pepper. Scatter potato mixture over chili. Place baking dishes on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until potatoes are golden brown and chili is bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve.