Eons ago Martha whipped this up on one of her TV programs. The first time I made it, I knew I was in love. Make a marvelous presentation by placing the chops, apples and cabbage together on your largest and most beautiful serving platter.
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper.
- Press thyme leaves on one side; brown in 1 tablespoon oil.
- When almost browned on one side, squeeze 1/2 orange over chops.
- Turn chops once and sprinkle with salt.
- Squeeze other 1/2 orange over all.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Add 2 oz. cognac; cover and cook 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place chops on warm platter.
- Add the peeled and sliced apples, salt, pepper and 2 tsp sugar.
- Saute just until heated through.
- In another pan, melt 2 tbs butter then add sliced garlic cloves and 1/2 tsp caraway seeds; stir.
- Add shredded cabbage.
- Top with salt and pepper and saute until golden.
- Serve apples and cabbage along side of cooked chops.