Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Eons ago Martha whipped this up on one of her TV programs. The first time I made it, I knew I was in love. Make a marvelous presentation by placing the chops, apples and cabbage together on your largest and most beautiful serving platter.
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper.
- Press thyme leaves on one side; brown in 1 tablespoon oil.
- When almost browned on one side, squeeze 1/2 orange over chops.
- Turn chops once and sprinkle with salt.
- Squeeze other 1/2 orange over all.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Add 2 oz. cognac; cover and cook 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place chops on warm platter.
- Add the peeled and sliced apples, salt, pepper and 2 tsp sugar.
- Saute just until heated through.
- In another pan, melt 2 tbs butter then add sliced garlic cloves and 1/2 tsp caraway seeds; stir.
- Add shredded cabbage.
- Top with salt and pepper and saute until golden.
- Serve apples and cabbage along side of cooked chops.
Finally somthing SWEET and SPICY. YUM the Apples were so Delicious. We could not get over it. Instead of using Cognac we used Brandy. And instead of using caraway seeds we used tarragon as a substitute from the garden. Same taste. So flavorful!
This is awesome! The chops had great flavor and were perfect with the apples and cabbage. My apples cooked down quite a bit so there wasn't much to go around but I think that might have been bad timing on my part. Next time I'll definitely make extra apples cause the bit that I did get were delicious! Thanks for posting this keeper :)
I liked this ecipe, even though I didn't have apples, used apple juice, no cognac. My cabbage turned brown because of the liquid, but it was still good. I'm sure it is twice as good with the right ingredients. Will make this again. Made for 123 Hits.