Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe has been used more times than I care to admit. It has gotten me out of tight spots. I add chocolate chips to the batter after it is in the pan. Courtesy of marthastewart.com
- 113.39 g unsalted butter or 113.39 g unsalted margarine, room temperature
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 354.88 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 236.59 ml mashed very ripe banana
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts or 118.29 ml pecans
- 59.14 ml chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, beating well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and combine with butter mixture.
- Blend well.
- Add the bananas, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Stir well.
- Stir in the nuts and pour batter into pan.
- Sprinkle with floured chocolate chips.
- Bake 1 hour until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Turn out onto rack to cool.
My hubby and I love this recipe. Very moist and light. This is now my go-to recipe. Thanks for posting.
This is the best Banana Bread recipe I have ever used, and I have tried many! Every time bananas turn brown in our house this is where they end up. Usually the bread and muffins I make with this recipe are gone with in a day or two!
This is my only banana bread recipe . I get constant compliments on it. I stopped looking and gave up the others.
I only use sweet butter and leave out the nuts. Once in a while I throw in the cho chips,
but I think they detract from the buttery banana vanilla flavors.