Recipe by Manami
This recipe has been used more times than I care to admit. It has gotten me out of tight spots. I add chocolate chips to the batter after it is in the pan. Courtesy of marthastewart.com
- 1⁄4 lb unsalted butter or 1⁄4 lb unsalted margarine, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed very ripe banana
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, beating well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and combine with butter mixture.
- Blend well.
- Add the bananas, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Stir well.
- Stir in the nuts and pour batter into pan.
- Sprinkle with floured chocolate chips.
- Bake 1 hour until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Turn out onto rack to cool.