Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe has been used more times than I care to admit. It has gotten me out of tight spots. I add chocolate chips to the batter after it is in the pan. Courtesy of marthastewart.com
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- With an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, beating well.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and combine with butter mixture.
- Blend well.
- Add the bananas, sour cream, and vanilla.
- Stir well.
- Stir in the nuts and pour batter into pan.
- Sprinkle with floured chocolate chips.
- Bake 1 hour until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Turn out onto rack to cool.
My hubby and I love this recipe. Very moist and light. This is now my go-to recipe. Thanks for posting.
This banana bread was salty and really didn't taste much like bananas, even though I used 3 very ripe bananas. My family was very disappointed and asked me why I would try a new banana bread recipe when my old standard recipe was so good. I won't be using this recipe again.
This was a good banana bread but I didn't think it was any better than the other recipes I have tried. I made it exactly like the recipe and I left out the chocolate chips.