Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These cookies are wonderful on your holiday trays or for cookie exchanges. They go together in a snap but taste like you fussed over them. Rolled in confectioner's sugar, these are a delight.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sifted confectioners' sugar, plus extra for rolling
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped slivered almonds
- 2 1⁄3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- Cream the butter and the 2/3 cup confectioner's sugar until fluffy. Beat in the vanilla and almond extracts, then add the almonds. Stir in the flour and beat until well mixed.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Divide the dough in half into a roll one inch in diameter. Cut each roll into 3/4 inch slices, roll each slice into a cylinder 2 inches long, place 1 to 2 inches apart on cookie sheet and form into a crescent shape.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Let cool, then roll in confectioner's sugar until coated.