Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yup, here's yet another basic vinaigrette recipe, but what makes this recipe interesting are all the add-ons. Instructions are included for garlic, balsamic, lemon parmesan, scallion, herb, and blue cheese vinaigrettes. How cool! I found it on the Martha Stewart website.
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt, pepper, and a pinch of sugar.
- Slowly add olive oil, whisking until emulsified. Or shake the ingredients in a jar, or whirl them in a blender.
- Variations. For Garlic: Add 1 teaspoon minced garlic or 1/2 clove crushed. For Balsamic: Substitute balsamic vinegar for the wine vinegar. For Lemon Parmesan: Use fresh lemon juice instead of vinegar; add 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan. For Scallion: Add 3 chopped whole scallions (about 1/4 cup). For Herb: Add 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as thyme, parsley, or tarragon. For Blue Cheese: Add 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese, such as Roquefort.