24 hrs 15 mins
These are delightful icebox cookies..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place almonds and confectioners sugar in the bowl of a food processor.
- 2Process until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal, set aside.
- 3Place butter and zest in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with paddle attachment.
- 4Beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- 5On low, add almond mixture, beat until combined. 10-15 seconds. Add egg and orange juice, combined. Add flour, combine.
- 6Place 2 12x 16" of parchment on a clean work surface.
- 7Divide dough in half.
- 8Form a rough log with each half. place on parchment.
- 9Fold parchment over dough, use a ruler to roll and press dough into 1 1/2" diameter logs.
- 10Chill for at least 3 hours.
- 11Preheat oven to 350*.
- 12Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Spread sanding sugar in a jelly roll pan and unwrap logs and roll in sugar to coat.
- 13Cut into scant 1/4" rounds, place on sheets, 1" apart.
- 14Bake until edges are golden, about 15 minutes.rotating halfway through.
- 15Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- 16Bake or freeze remaining dough.
- 17Store baked cookies in a air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Martha Stewart Orange Sable Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (942 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 862.0
- Calories from Fat 432
- Total Fat 48.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 110.4 mg
- Sodium 266.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 65.4 g
- Protein 13.2 g