1/1 Photo of Martha Stewart Meatloaf Recipe
1 hr 30 mins
I saw this on Martha Stewart's television show in the early 90s when I was home sick from school one day. I have kept it since and need a place to store it...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely grated
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced smoked bacon
- 1 lb fingerling potato, scrubbed
- 4 leeks, white and light-green parts only, split in half lengthwise and rinsed well
- 1/2 cup light-brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon Coleman's dry mustard (yellow)
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cut the bread into 1 inch cubes and place in a small bowl. Pour the milk over the bread. Set aside for five minutes.
- 2Heat the olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and garlic. Cook until soft and translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat. Let cool for five minutes.
- 3Place carrots in a large mixing bowl. Add the milk and bread mixture, ground sirloin, ground pork, eggs, parsley, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Add onion mixture. Combine well using your hands or a rubber scraper.
- 4Place mixture in a large ungreased baking dish or roasting pan. Shape into a 5 by 12 inch loaf. Overlap bacon slices across the top, covering the meat. Place potatoes and leeks around the loaf. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- 5In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, ground mustard, and 2 tablespoons of water. Stie in tomato paste making a glaze. Brush the meat loaf all over with the glaze.
- 6Bake, brushing every fifteen minutes with glaze until juices run clear when loaf is pierced with a two-pronged fork and bacon is crisp, 1 to 1 and 1/4 hours. Let cool 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with potatoes and leeks on the side.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Martha Stewart Meatloaf Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 737.7
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 182.8 mg
- Sodium 2319.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 23.9 g
- Protein 42.6 g