1/1 Photo of Martha Stewart Meatloaf Recipe
1 hr 30 mins
I saw this on Martha Stewart's television show in the early 90s when I was home sick from school one day. I have kept it since and need a place to store it...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely grated
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1/2 lb ground pork
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground pepper, plus more to taste
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced smoked bacon
- 1 lb fingerling potato, scrubbed
- 4 leeks, white and light-green parts only, split in half lengthwise and rinsed well
- 1/2 cup light-brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon Coleman's dry mustard (yellow)
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees. Cut the bread into 1 inch cubes and place in a small bowl. Pour the milk over the bread. Set aside for five minutes.
- 2Heat the olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, celery, and garlic. Cook until soft and translucent, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat. Let cool for five minutes.
- 3Place carrots in a large mixing bowl. Add the milk and bread mixture, ground sirloin, ground pork, eggs, parsley, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Add onion mixture. Combine well using your hands or a rubber scraper.
- 4Place mixture in a large ungreased baking dish or roasting pan. Shape into a 5 by 12 inch loaf. Overlap bacon slices across the top, covering the meat. Place potatoes and leeks around the loaf. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
- 5In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, ground mustard, and 2 tablespoons of water. Stie in tomato paste making a glaze. Brush the meat loaf all over with the glaze.
- 6Bake, brushing every fifteen minutes with glaze until juices run clear when loaf is pierced with a two-pronged fork and bacon is crisp, 1 to 1 and 1/4 hours. Let cool 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with potatoes and leeks on the side.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Martha Stewart Meatloaf Recipe
Serving Size: 1 (424 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 737.7
- Calories from Fat 356
- Total Fat 39.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 182.8 mg
- Sodium 2319.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 23.9 g
- Protein 42.6 g