Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Haven't tried this yet, but they looked good when she made them on her talk show.
- 3⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 6 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, preferably chuck
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground pork
- 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 1 1⁄2 cups freshly grated parmesan cheese
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place breadcrumbs in a small bowl. Drizzle the milk over and let stand until absorbed.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic; cook until translucent, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Place the ground meats in a large bowl. Add breadcrumb mixture to meats along with the reserved onion and garlic, whole eggs, yolks, parsley, oregano, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix until just combined. Moisten hands with water, and roll meat mixture into 3-inch meatballs. Place on a baking sheet.
- Heat 1/4 cup of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, add meatballs, and brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Finish cooking in sauce, or transfer to a baking sheet fitted with a rack to drain. Bake until cooked through, 12 to 15 minutes.
I made this and had nothing but rave reviews from my family. So yummy!