Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is great garlic bread ! I have cheated and used what's on hand; minced garlic, salted butter, dried parsley and Italian bread. It's so much better using Martha's way, don't skimp as I did.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low.
- Add garlic and simmer 1 minute, let set off of heat for 1 minute.
- Add parsley and salt to butter, stirring to combine.
- Slice bread lengthwise almost all the way through, leaving side uncut.
- Open up baguette and brush with the butter mixture.
- Close baguette and slice diagonally into 2" pieces, not cutting all the way through.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes or until crisp on the outside.
- NOTE: You can make this even better by adding a cup of shredded mozzarella cheese the last few minutes of baking.