Recipe by PrimQuilter
This is great garlic bread ! I have cheated and used what's on hand; minced garlic, salted butter, dried parsley and Italian bread. It's so much better using Martha's way, don't skimp as I did.
Top Review by Chocolatl
I made this with Recipe #311537, and a more flavorful garlic bread I can't imagine. I used about 6 small garlic cloves, because at my house we are garlic fiends. Just a wonderful recipe! Thank you for posting!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 sourdough baguette
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low.
- Add garlic and simmer 1 minute, let set off of heat for 1 minute.
- Add parsley and salt to butter, stirring to combine.
- Slice bread lengthwise almost all the way through, leaving side uncut.
- Open up baguette and brush with the butter mixture.
- Close baguette and slice diagonally into 2" pieces, not cutting all the way through.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes or until crisp on the outside.
- NOTE: You can make this even better by adding a cup of shredded mozzarella cheese the last few minutes of baking.