Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
this is one of her cookies of the month selection...absolutely worth every calorie..be sure to use the best milk chocolate you can afford..need 4 oz coarsely chopped, 4 oz cut in 1/4" chunks..these cookies should seem a bit soft when you take them out of the oven...they firm up as they cool..so be careful not to overbake them
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened dutch cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces milk chocolate
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325* --
- whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl -- set aside.
- Melt coarsely chopped milk chocolate with the butter in a small heatproof bowl, set over a pan of simmering water.
- transfer chocolate mixture to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment --
- add sugar, eggs and vanilla -- mix on medium speed until combined --
- reduce speed to low, gradually mix in flour mixture --
- fold in chocolate chunks.
- scoop batter using a 1 1/2" ice cream scoop, place 2" apart on parchment lined baking sheets.
- bake until cookies are flat and surfaces begin to crack.about 15 minutes.
- transfer parchment paper to wire racks.
- let cool 5 minutes.
- cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Excellent cookies! Chocolatey and chewy - delicious. Served to two other people and the loved them too. A little more trouble than average cookie to make, melting chocolate and all, but worth it. I used Hershey bars for all the milk chocolate the recipe called for.