this is one of her cookies of the month selection...absolutely worth every calorie..be sure to use the best milk chocolate you can afford..need 4 oz coarsely chopped, 4 oz cut in 1/4" chunks..these cookies should seem a bit soft when you take them out of the oven...they firm up as they cool..so be careful not to overbake them
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 325* --
- 2whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl -- set aside.
- 3Melt coarsely chopped milk chocolate with the butter in a small heatproof bowl, set over a pan of simmering water.
- 4transfer chocolate mixture to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment --
- 5add sugar, eggs and vanilla -- mix on medium speed until combined --
- 6reduce speed to low, gradually mix in flour mixture --
- 7fold in chocolate chunks.
- 8scoop batter using a 1 1/2" ice cream scoop, place 2" apart on parchment lined baking sheets.
- 9bake until cookies are flat and surfaces begin to crack.about 15 minutes.
- 10transfer parchment paper to wire racks.
- 11let cool 5 minutes.
- 12cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Martha Stewart Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (919 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1301.0
- Calories from Fat 529
- Total Fat 58.8 g
- Saturated Fat 32.4 g
- Cholesterol 239.8 mg
- Sodium 711.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 185.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 139.6 g
- Protein 17.4 g