Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Easy and delicious! I could make a meal just from the pan juices and bread grilled on my Foreman!
- 1 whole chicken, washed, dried, giblets removed
- 2 leeks
- 396.89 g can chicken broth
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 10 baby carrots
- 10 small red potatoes or 10 small fingerling potatoes
- Wash and dry chicken.
- Tie legs together with small piece of string.
- Coat with butter or softened margarine.
- Salt and pepper all over.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Put in roasting pan, add wine and broth.
- Roast at 450 for 30 minutes.
- Cut leeks into 2 inch sections ( white and light green sections only) Rinse thoroughly.
- Wash baby carrots, combine with leeks in large bowl.
- salt and pepper liberally and toss with EVOO.
- Add to roasting pan.
- Return to 450 degree oven for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wash, cut and place potatoes in steamer basket with water, steam for 15 minutes or until potatoes are soft.
- Serve sliced chicken, vegetables and potatoes with pan juices, with extra for dipping your Foreman grilled or broiled crusty bread into.