Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
A Good Morning America Recipe.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 12 chicken wings
- In a large bowl, combine garlic, chili sauce, cumin, ginger, salt, vinegar, pepper sauce, honey. Add chicken wings and let marinate while preparing grill.
- When ready to grill, follow manufactures instructions for indirect heat grilling. (Build a charcoal or wood fire on one side of grill or heat half of a gas grill.) Close cover and heat to 450º.
- Remove wings from marinade (reserving marinade). Place wings on grill, away from coals. Close cover and cook wings for 30 minutes turning and rearranging once.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over high heat, bring reserved marinade to a boil. Cook 5 minutes, or until thick. Brush thickened sauce over the wings and cook an additional 5 to 8 minutes, or until wings are well glazed and no longer pink next to the bone.
Yummy! I made these a bit different by using my oven. I simply tossed the wings in the bowl of ingredients, placed them in a 9x13 pan and baked at 350F. for 40 minutes, turning once. When I placed them in the serving bowl, I drizzled more honey over top. This gave a nice combination of sweet-heat. Thanks for sharing this very versatile recipe. :)