Recipe by Tish
Picked up this recipe from a lady that used to make them for Halloween in the 50's.
Top Review by Elliemae Clampet
Easiest rescipe I have made. I did add some vanilla extract though. My dc are allergic to food chemicals and this makes it so that they can enjoy s'mores. Thanks Tish! They took no time to make!
- 2 (3/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 1⁄4 cups water, divided
- 2 cups white sugar
- confectioners' sugar
- vanilla (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, stir together gelatin and 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water.
- Set aside to set up.
- Combine sugar and remaining 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water in a medium saucepan over low heat to make a syrup.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved and let cool.
- With mixer on low speed, slowly and carefully pour syrup into the softened gelatin. Increase speed to high; beat until mixture is very thick and white and has almost tripled in volume, about 15 minutes. Add vanilla if desired; beat to incorporate.
- Pour into a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish and let set overnight.
- Cut into squares, dust with confectioners sugar and serve.