Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 3 tablespoons gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- Mix Gelatin and water in mixer bowl and let stand for 1 hour.
- Prepare syrup from remaining ingredients after mixture has stood
- Bring to boil and cover for 3 minutes. Cook uncovered and unstirred over high heat to soft ball stage (244 F).
- Remove from heat and pour slowly over gelatin beating constantly.
- Beat 15 minutes after syrup is added.
- When thick but still warm add vanilla.
- Put in 9x13 pan lightly dusted with corn starch. Dry 12 hours. Remove from pan and cut with scissors dusted with starch. STore the dusted pieces in closed tin.
These worked great, but I had to give 3 stars because the vanilla was WAY too over powering! I will use again, but I will cut the vanilla at least in half if not more (it left a vanilla extract after taste).
Easy, easy! Really!! I made this recipe with a few changes. I only used 1 tbsp vanilla, otherwise followed ingredients. Rather than dusting my pan with cornstarch I used powdered sugar. While the marshmallows were sticky and warm I used a tube of decorating gel in red and squeezed over the top (used only 1/2 the tube) and then with a knife swirled it thru the marshmallows. I lightly sprinkled powdered sugar over the top and allowed to cure! Fantastic and so pretty. Gave as gifts with homemade cocoa mix!