This is always on our holiday table, or requested when we're invited out. Servings are hard to determine because there is so much to eat during our holiday dinners.
- Drain yams and pineapple (save the pineapple juice).
- In a pot, add pineapple juice, sugar, and '10' marshmallows.
- Put yams in a 9x13-inch casserole dish and pour mixture over top.
- Top with pineapple chunks.
- Put into a 300°F oven for 40 minutes.
- Top with remaining marshmallows (or amount you prefer).
- Put casserole back into oven for 10 minutes to soften and slightly melt marshmallows.
- Watch closely because marshmallows puff up quickly and may burn.