Recipe by carrie sheridan
These were a staple at school bake sales and at Girl Scout meetings - and adults STILL love these at dinner parties! A big hit for a child's class at school - or for Halloween [print out labels with your name and address to place inside saran wrap- Melting the butter and marshmallows in a microwave makes this super easy and quick!
Top Review by The Daycare Lady
This is the best recipe for Rice Krispy Treats!. I use Kroger brand cereal and marshmallows. I always double the recipe. It takes 2 (10 oz.) bags of marshmallows and a whole 12 oz box of cereal and 1 stick of margarine. I spray a jelly roll pan with non-stick spray and then press the mixture and flatten it . Then let it set up and then cut into squares and devour the pan.
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter generously a 13 X 9 pan.
- Melt butter in saucepan on medium low heat on the stove.
- Add miniature marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in rice krispies.
- Press with a wooden spoon into pan.
- Let sit for 1 hour or more.
- I add another cup of rice krispies to make it a little less sugary.