Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Mum always made these to give as presents. I also remember them on every birthday party table! Mum always used crushed wine biscuits or a crushed sweet biscuit.
- 1 1⁄2 cups biscuits, crushed finely (sweet biscuits or sweet cookie crumbs)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 120 g butter
- 200 g sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 18 -24 marshmallows
- 1⁄2-1 cup coconut, fine
- In a pot melt cocoa, brown sugar, butter, condensed milk, vanilla.
- Once melted, add crushed biscuits.
- With wet hands and about a tablespoon of mixture cover marshmallows with mixture.
- Roll in fine coconut.
- Allow to set in fridge.
These were so quick! I used Butternut Snap Biscuits, and I only had flaked coconut on hand so I used that, and it worked just fine. Thanks Jewelies!
These were a fun new treat to make with my little girl. I have had them in my cookbook forever!!!I used 1/2 of a sleeve of graham crackers and then several little cups of leftover Christmas butter cookies. They were a lot more chocolatey than I thought they would be from looking at the picture, but very rich and yummy. I got exactly 18 but I think that was because it got a lot more messy at the end so I put a lot more of the gooey pat on each marshmallow. Fun recipe Jewelies.
These are great Jewelies, I used them for part of my goodie trays for gifts. Ryan was making sure I kept some for him..lol Thanks for sharing.