Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is the grown-up version up Rice Krispies* squares. They contain cornflakes, almonds, and coconut. The recipe originates from the "One Four Cookbook"
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup hard margarine
- 1 (400 g) package marshmallows
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup slivered almonds or 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 6 cups corn flakes
- In large bowl, combine almonds, coconut, and cornflakes.
- Set aside.
- In saucepan over low heat, melt butter and marshmallows together.
- Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour over cereal mixture, and stir to coat evenly.
- Press lightly in 9x13 pan sprayed with Pam*.
- Let set.
- Cut into squares.
these are fantastic! I used a "healthy" flake cereal from the natural food store and we all loved them.