Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
This recipe was on a bag of marshmallows and is great served with fresh fruit. If you serve it immediately, it's like a slightly thickened whipped cream. If you pour it into a shallow pan and chill, it's a firmer sponge.
- 10 ounces marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- Combine marshmallows and milk and microwave or cook on low heat until marshmallows melt. Cool mixture to room temperature.
- Whip the cream with lemon juice and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Fold into the marshmallow mixture.
- Pour into greased 8" square cake pan and chill till firm.
- Cut into squares and serve with your favorite fruit.