Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a Recipes+ magazine.
- 250 g plain chocolate biscuits
- 125 g butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 250 g vanilla, mega mallows
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 300 ml cream
- 1⁄4 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- Grease and line 18 cm square cake pan.
- Process biscuits till crushed, add butter and coconut.
- Process to combine.
- Press mixture firmly into pan.
- Cook mallows milk and sugar in saucepan over low heat.
- Cook and stir till marshmallows have melted.
- Stir in zest and juice, cool to room temperarture.
- In a mixing bowl beat cream til soft peaks form.
- Fold cream into marshmallow mixture.
- Pour over slice, sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Chill overnight.
I used chocolate ripple biscuits for the base and I havent been able to buy white megamallows at our local supermarket for a week or so now..... so I used normal marshmallows and only could get pink and white. That was the only change to this recipe, I made. These turned out very pretty but I think I must use the white mallows next time, they are very rich and have a great orange flavour that just doesnt match with the pink colours (I know that sounds silly but you see pink and then taste orange and it confuses your taste buds....lol) So its my fault and note to myself ... ...USE WHITE next time.....lol The slice sets really well, creamy yet firm and is very sweet so dont cut the slices too big, These are so rich and creamy with a wonderful orange flavour to them. They are very easy to make and I am sure they wont last long when the family gets home! Thanks katew these make for a great sweet treat.