Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe received from a client after begging for it after smelling the wonderful aroma when I walked in the door. You can use either pink or white marshmallows for the topping.
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄4 cup coconut
- 5 ounces butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 500 g marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- extra coconut
- Butter the base of a shallow pan 30 x 25cm.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Mix the flour, cocoa, sugar, coconut and butter together and press over the base of the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins or until firm to touch.
- Remove and cool before spreading with the marshmallow topping.
- Put the coconut into a dry frying pan and stir until a pale golden colour. Remove and cool.
- Put the marshmallows into a saucepan with the milk.
- Cook over a low heat, stirring constantly until the marshmallows have melted.
- Cool slightly and pour onto the cooled base.
- Top with coconut and leave to set.
- Cut into squares.