Recipe by JNS
A yummy slice from my chidhood. My Mum made this quite often.
Top Review by Weeblemeister
A little too sweet for my liking but still a very good slice. We may have cooked the base a bit too long as it was very hard and dry but I'm sure with a few more tries we'll get it right. In future I think we'd also make a little less of the marshmallow filling which will help lessen the apparant sweetness.
- 3 Weetabix, wheat biscuits (or vita brits)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 1⁄2 cups self raising flour
- 125 g butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon gelatin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 40 g butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush wheat biscuits, add sugar, coconut,flour and melted butter.
- Press into a slice tray with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 180 C for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Combine the water, sugar and gelatine into a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool, add vanilla and then whip until stiff.
- Pour onto prepared base.
- Melt chocolate and butter together.
- Allow to cool but not yet set.
- Pour onto filling and spread.
- Allow to set and then cut into slices.