Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
A yummy slice from my chidhood. My Mum made this quite often.
Make and share this Marshmallow Slice recipe from Food.com.
- Crush wheat biscuits, add sugar, coconut,flour and melted butter.
- Press into a slice tray with the back of a spoon.
- Bake at 180 C for 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Combine the water, sugar and gelatine into a saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool, add vanilla and then whip until stiff.
- Pour onto prepared base.
- Melt chocolate and butter together.
- Allow to cool but not yet set.
- Pour onto filling and spread.
- Allow to set and then cut into slices.
A little too sweet for my liking but still a very good slice. We may have cooked the base a bit too long as it was very hard and dry but I'm sure with a few more tries we'll get it right. In future I think we'd also make a little less of the marshmallow filling which will help lessen the apparant sweetness.
This is a great recipe, my whole family loves the slice and I remember it from my childhood!
Jilly this is the same as my friend Cheryl's recipe, well almost, she puts 3tbs of jam over the biscuit base and doesn't have the chocolate topping. The base and the marshmallow are exactly the same. I will still make it with the jam layer but I am going to try it with your chocolate topping, sounds even better. It is a great slice, thanks for posting an old favourite.