Recipe by Mirj
This makes a really creamy topping for your ice cream. My husband has been known to eat it straight with a spoon.
Top Review by under12parsecs
I had a bunch of gingerbread marshmallows that DH bought and then never ate :) so I wanted to use them up and thought I'd try them out in this recipe. It was perfect over vanilla bean ice cream!
I used gingerbread marshmallows, 1/4 c brown sugar, 1/2 c sugar, 1/8 t cinnamon, pinch each of clove, allspice, and fresh grated nutmeg (because the 'mallows themselvers were not super gingerbread-y).
Thanks for a lovely recipe!
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml corn syrup
- 59.14 ml milk
- 36.97 ml butter
- 226.79 g marshmallows
- 29.58 ml water
- 4.92 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the sugar, corn syrup and milk in a saucepan and stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- In the top of a double boiler dissolve the marshmallows and butter in the 2 tablespoons of water.
- Once the marshmallows are completely melted stir in the hot syrup beating well.
- Add the vanilla.
- The sauce may be reheated in the top of a double boiler.
- Beat well before serving.