Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This makes a really creamy topping for your ice cream. My husband has been known to eat it straight with a spoon.
- Place the sugar, corn syrup and milk in a saucepan and stir over low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- In the top of a double boiler dissolve the marshmallows and butter in the 2 tablespoons of water.
- Once the marshmallows are completely melted stir in the hot syrup beating well.
- Add the vanilla.
- The sauce may be reheated in the top of a double boiler.
- Beat well before serving.
I had a bunch of gingerbread marshmallows that DH bought and then never ate :) so I wanted to use them up and thought I'd try them out in this recipe. It was perfect over vanilla bean ice cream!
I used gingerbread marshmallows, 1/4 c brown sugar, 1/2 c sugar, 1/8 t cinnamon, pinch each of clove, allspice, and fresh grated nutmeg (because the 'mallows themselvers were not super gingerbread-y).
Thanks for a lovely recipe!
This was Fantastic! Very easy to make and tasted wonderful! I made up a couple batches, but them in decorative jars and gave as gifts (with hot fudge sauce), with rave reviews!
I substituted sweetened condensed milk (to get rid of leftovers) for the regular milk, and it was decadently rich! It got raves.