Recipe by Micki Lea
These are super easy to make and kids love them. You can make the cookies in any shape you want. I've even added a little food coloring to the dough (I made a green shamrock version for a St. Patrick's day treat). The original recipe calls for 12 marshmallows, but you may need more (or less) depending on what sort of cut out shape you make. Also, you can use what ever you'd like to drizzle on top. I've used regular chocolate and white chocolate (tinted with food coloring if you wish). You could also use frosting if you want, but I personally didn't like how they turned out when I was experimenting with toppings.
Top Review by Happy Harry #2
Made this today with three of my grandkids, ages 4,9, & 11. I really did nothing much. They rolled out the dough, two youngest cut the cookies. the youngest put them on the cookie tray. The 11yr.put them in and out of the oven and on the wire racks to cool. The 4yr. put the marshmallows on. I put them in microwave. the 9yr. stirred the chocolate to melt.The 4yr put the tops on and I drizzled the chocolate on. Each of the kids had two cookies before the chocolate even set up. Do you think they had fun and enjoyed the cookies? They sure did!!
- 1 (18 -20 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough (or your favorite sugar cookie recipe)
- 12 marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to temperature indicated on package/recipe.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface (I like to use powdered sugar instead of flour) and cut cookies into desired shapes (about 1/8" thickness) and bake for 7-9 minutes. Make sure you have an even number of cookies.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Place half of the cookies bottom side up on a microwaveable plate and place one marshmallow on each.
- Microwave for about 15 seconds or until marshmallow puffs up. You may have to do this a few at a time, depending on the size of your microwave.
- Top with the remaining cookies (bottom side down) to make a sandwich.
- Melt chocolate chips until smooth either on the stove top or in the microwave.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the sandwich cookies.
- Allow chocolate to cool completely before serving or storing in a air tight container.