1/1 Photo of Marshmallow Sandwich Cookies
Ginny Potter's Note:
These are super easy to make and kids love them. You can make the cookies in any shape you want. I've even added a little food coloring to the dough (I made a green shamrock version for a St. Patrick's day treat). The original recipe calls for 12 marshmallows, but you may need more (or less) depending on what sort of cut out shape you make. Also, you can use what ever you'd like to drizzle on top. I've used regular chocolate and white chocolate (tinted with food coloring if you wish). You could also use frosting if you want, but I personally didn't like how they turned out when I was experimenting with toppings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 -20 ounce) package refrigerated sugar cookie dough (or your favorite sugar cookie recipe)
- 12 marshmallows
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to temperature indicated on package/recipe.
- 2Roll out dough on lightly floured surface (I like to use powdered sugar instead of flour) and cut cookies into desired shapes (about 1/8" thickness) and bake for 7-9 minutes. Make sure you have an even number of cookies.
- 3Cool completely on wire rack.
- 4Place half of the cookies bottom side up on a microwaveable plate and place one marshmallow on each.
- 5Microwave for about 15 seconds or until marshmallow puffs up. You may have to do this a few at a time, depending on the size of your microwave.
- 6Top with the remaining cookies (bottom side down) to make a sandwich.
- 7Melt chocolate chips until smooth either on the stove top or in the microwave.
- 8Drizzle the melted chocolate over the top of the sandwich cookies.
- 9Allow chocolate to cool completely before serving or storing in a air tight container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marshmallow Sandwich Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (56 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.2
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 12.3 mg
- Sodium 185.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 17.0 g
- Protein 2.2 g