Recipe by Northwest Lynnie
Kids like to make AND eat these. You can change the flavor and color by the Jell-O you use. Great for Halloween and Christmas.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 ounces raspberry Jell-O gelatin, dry (half of a 3 oz. pkg.)
- 3 quarts unbuttered and unsalted popcorn, placed in a large bowl
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium/low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Blend in dry Jell-O.
- Pour over popcorn, mixing well (a long-handled wooden spoon works well).
- With buttered hands, shape into balls.
- Let dry on waxed paper.
- Wrap individually in plastic wrap.
- Kids can do the measuring, and shape the popcorn mixture into balls when it is cool enough.
- These are a fun treat for camping and picnics.
- Make sure Handy Wipes are available for sticky hands!
- Number of popcorn balls is dependent on how large you make them; make another batch instead of doubling recipe.