Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A scrumptious twist on popcorn balls. The jello flavor can be changed for specific colors or flavors.
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons raspberry gelatin powder, dry (may use any flavor)
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- In a saucepan, melt butter.
- Add marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Mix in gelatin powder.
- Pour mixture over popcorn.
- Mix well with buttered hands.
- Form into balls.
- Wrap in plastic wrap.
I made a batch of these and none of my children liked them. I think it was the Jello flavoring. Maybe they would be better without the Jello.
delicious! I used a regular bag of microwavable popcorn, 1 stick of butter, 4 cup of mini marshes, but I did not use gelatin. It was still delicious, I was not able to do the balls, I just ate it out the bowl, absolutely delicious, just as I remembered as a child. Thanks, easy and simple.
Very tasty; an excellent treat for kids. I used cherry gelatin and let it cook for just a minute to melt crystals. Quick and easy to make.