Easy and fun to make- you could adapt it for any holiday celebration or maybe use your school's colors. Your dentist will love you for this! The variation using the peppermint Andes baking bits is equally as tasty. Why not make a double batch??
- 1 (3 ounce) bag microwave popcorn (popped, this is about 5 cups)
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- candy sprinkles (color of your choice)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- On a large cookie sheet, spray cooking spray to cover. Next, microwave the popcorn according to the directions on the bag.
- Empty the marshmallow creme from the jar into a bowl that you can use in the microwave.
- Microwave the marshmallow creme on high for 1 minute - make sure you microwave it uncovered. Pause the microwave, stir the creme and continue microwaving for another 30 seconds or until it is melted.
- Take your popped corn and gently pour into the marshmallow creme. Be careful not to let any unpopped kernels fall into the bowl. Gently stir the popcorn until mixed and coated.
- Spread the popcorn out on a cookie sheet. Once you have a fairly even layer, sprinkle the popcorn with the candies. Bake for about 10 minutes, stirring just a little after 5 minutes.
- Cool completely on cookie sheet placed on top of a wire rack. At this point it will all be one mass of coated popcorn. Once it is cooled, you can break it up into large pieces and serve. Delicious!
- For a variation, finely crush candy canes and use in place of the sprinkles.