Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy and fun to make- you could adapt it for any holiday celebration or maybe use your school's colors. Your dentist will love you for this! The variation using the peppermint Andes baking bits is equally as tasty. Why not make a double batch??
- 1 (3 ounce) bag microwave popcorn (popped, this is about 5 cups)
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- candy sprinkles (color of your choice)
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- On a large cookie sheet, spray cooking spray to cover. Next, microwave the popcorn according to the directions on the bag.
- Empty the marshmallow creme from the jar into a bowl that you can use in the microwave.
- Microwave the marshmallow creme on high for 1 minute - make sure you microwave it uncovered. Pause the microwave, stir the creme and continue microwaving for another 30 seconds or until it is melted.
- Take your popped corn and gently pour into the marshmallow creme. Be careful not to let any unpopped kernels fall into the bowl. Gently stir the popcorn until mixed and coated.
- Spread the popcorn out on a cookie sheet. Once you have a fairly even layer, sprinkle the popcorn with the candies. Bake for about 10 minutes, stirring just a little after 5 minutes.
- Cool completely on cookie sheet placed on top of a wire rack. At this point it will all be one mass of coated popcorn. Once it is cooled, you can break it up into large pieces and serve. Delicious!
- For a variation, finely crush candy canes and use in place of the sprinkles.
Yummy and simple! I bought more fluff at the store today so I can make it again and again!
This was very good and easy to make. Everyone loved it both kids and adults. It tastes similar to a popcorn ball that you used to get at Halloween, but it is not as hard/dry so you don't have to worry about your teeth. As for the stickyness and handling, I just used a wooden spoon to gently stir in the popcorn to the marshmallow and then used the same spoon to drag it out of the bowl and onto the cookie sheet. So, no sticky hands here. Also, it cooled off very quickly so you could make this at the last minute. Thanks for sharing!!
This was sooo good! Easy but a bit messy. I found that if I sprayed my hands with the cooking spray, I could spread out the coated popcorn on the cookie sheet easily with my hands.