Recipe by grandma2969
found this recipe from 1971 in a box of recipe clippings at a Church garage sale have not tried this yet...
Top Review by PaulaG
I had some miniature marshmallows I needed to use up and found this recipe intriguing. After looking on line I discovered that 1 cup of miniature marshmallows equals 8 large. For the full recipe I used 2 cups mini-marshamallows. This brittle does have a different texture than most. If I were to make it again I might use a larger pan. I used a 9x9 inch square pan and lined it with buttered foil. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sugar in a heavy 10" skillet --
- says you can use a teflon skillet and stir with wooden spoon.
- heat slowly, stirring constantly until sugar melts and forms a smooth golden syrup.
- remove from heat, blend in nuts and marshmallows --
- pour into buttered 9" square pan.when hard, break into pieces.