Recipe by dale!
Oh my! This are utterly fantastic. Crispy base with marshmallows, chocolate, rice crispies and peanuts. So pretty when cut into squares with the pink and white marshmallows. Yum, try them!
Top Review by Mirj
This was great and yummy, but just a little too sweet. I would like to make this again, but would cut back to maybe 1/2 a cup of golden syrup. Make sure it's completely chilled in the fridge. I probably took mine out too early at first and the marshmallow stuck to the knife and made it difficult to cut. Another hour in the fridge and it cut beautifully!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 egg yolks
- 250 g marshmallows, pink and white
- 2⁄3 cup golden syrup
- 60 g butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 150 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups puffed rice cereal (puffed rice crispies)
- 2 cups peanuts, roasted unsalted
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 20cmx 30cm baking pan.
- Line base and two sides with baking paper.
- Combine sifted dry base ingredients, sugar, butter, essence and yolks in a medium bowl.
- Mix until well combined and press evenly over the base of prepared pan.
- Bake in a hot 200 degree C oven for 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and arrange marshmallows evenly over the base.
- Cook another 2 minutes, or until marshmallows begin to melt.
- Remove and cool while making topping.
- Heat golden syrup, butter, vanilla, peanut butter and chocolate gently in a large pan.
- Stir uuntil chocolate is melted and smooth, remove from heat.
- Stir in rice bubbles and peanuts, mixing well.
- Spread chocolate topping over marshmallows and refridgerate until firm.
- Remove from pan and cut into squares to serve.