Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
Fluffy peppermint flavored center between chocolate covered graham crackers. Very Good!
- 2 (12 1/2 ounce) packages chocolate-covered graham cracker cookies
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup cold water, divided
- 2 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- red food coloring paste (*)
- 1 ounce vanilla candy coating
- red food coloring paste
- Place 36 graham crackers, top sides down, in the bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2" baking pan.
- Soften gelatin in a large bowl with 1/2 cup of the water; set this aside.
- Combine the other 1/2 cup water and the sugar in a sauce pan.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
- Blend sugar mixture into gelatin, blending well.
- Put mixture in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and beat with an electric mixer at highest speed.
- Mixture will become white and thick, similar to meringue.
- Add vanilla and peppermint extracts; beat to combine.
- Tint pink by adding red food color paste.
- (A little goes a long way).
- Pour pink mixture over graham crackers in pan, spread evenly.
- Place 36 graham crackers on top of peppermint mixture with the tops facing up.
- Place in the fridge until set, about an hour.
- Melt vanilla candy coating and tint pink with red food color paste.
- To decorate, drizzle coating over graham cracker tops.
- Dip a sharp knife into hot water and cut into bars.
- Cut around each graham cracker to make squares.
- Store at room temperature.
- *You can find Red food coloring paste in the cake decorating department.
- I used Wilton.
- Oh and get the "no taste" paste, the ones with flavor tend to be bitter.