1 hr 25 mins
Fluffy peppermint flavored center between chocolate covered graham crackers. Very Good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place 36 graham crackers, top sides down, in the bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2" baking pan.
- 2Soften gelatin in a large bowl with 1/2 cup of the water; set this aside.
- 3Combine the other 1/2 cup water and the sugar in a sauce pan.
- 4Boil for 2 minutes.
- 5Blend sugar mixture into gelatin, blending well.
- 6Put mixture in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- 7Remove from fridge and beat with an electric mixer at highest speed.
- 8Mixture will become white and thick, similar to meringue.
- 9Add vanilla and peppermint extracts; beat to combine.
- 10Tint pink by adding red food color paste.
- 11(A little goes a long way).
- 12Pour pink mixture over graham crackers in pan, spread evenly.
- 13Place 36 graham crackers on top of peppermint mixture with the tops facing up.
- 14Place in the fridge until set, about an hour.
- 15Melt vanilla candy coating and tint pink with red food color paste.
- 16To decorate, drizzle coating over graham cracker tops.
- 17Dip a sharp knife into hot water and cut into bars.
- 18Cut around each graham cracker to make squares.
- 19Store at room temperature.
- 20*You can find Red food coloring paste in the cake decorating department.
- 21I used Wilton.
- 22Oh and get the "no taste" paste, the ones with flavor tend to be bitter.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marshmallow Mint Squares
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.0
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 58.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 21.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g