Recipe by *Z*
This is a nice twist on an apple pie. The meringue is very easy to make. It is very sweet. This would be the pie for people who don't like pie crust.
- 6 cups apples, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 egg whites
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1 crust pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Roll out pie crust and place into pie plate.
- Fold under edge and crimp.
- Drizzle apples with lemon juice.
- Toss with combined sugar, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Spoon into shell.
- Bake @ 450 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually, add marshmallow cream, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over apples, sealing to edge.
- Bake 10 minutes or until meringue is slightly browned.
- Cool and serve.