Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A sweet treat to send off to that favorite college student...
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 40 large marshmallows
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 cups COCOA KRISPIES® cereal or 5 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 3⁄4 cup cashews, chopped
- Melt butter in large dutch oven over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and cook stirring constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla; add cereal and cashews, stirring to coat well.
- Butter your hands and spread mixture evenly into a wax paper lined 13 X 9 pan.
- When cool, cut into squares to serve.
- Variations: this is a very versatile recipe where a few of the ingredients can be substituted out for something else; Use a different extract/flavoring than vanilla (like peppermint, etc); try using different crunchy cereals (avoid the flake-like ones); use different nuts (like pecan, almond or macadamia).