Recipe by Kaarin
Modified from a recipe I found online. Great for banana splits!
Top Review by bwitten
the recipe is easy, but it is just okay. i am used to marshmallow topping in the ice cream stores around boston being warm and oozy, but they don't get hard and stringy when they get cold. will keep looking for something like that.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mini marshmallows (or chopped big ones)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the sugar, milk, corn syrup and butter. Bring to a boil over low heat, then simmer 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the marshmallows, stirring until melted and smooth, about 3 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Serve warm, it thickens as it cools.