Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oleo
- 12 marshmallows
- Heat milk & chocolate together in heavy saucepan over low heat until chocolate is melted.
- Add sugar, salt and corn syrup.
- Cook, stirring until boiling starts.
- Cover and boil 3 minutes to wash down sugar crystals from pan sides.
- Cook without stirring until thermometer reaches 232 degrees.
- Remove from heat and cool without stirring to lukewarm.
- Add vanilla and beat until fudge thickens and looses it's gloss.
- Cut each marshmallow into 8 pieces and stir into fudge.
- Turn into greased pan.
- Cut into squares when firm.