Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe is another wonderful weight watcher recipe. I make these to take when we go hiking and also to take to work for snacks. They only have 3 points.
- 4 teaspoons reduced-calorie margarine
- 20 marshmallows
- 2 cups corn flakes
- 24 dried apricot halves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup sliced unblanched almonds
- 4 pitted dates, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spray a 10x6" baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large nonstick saucepan over low heat, melt the margarine.
- Add the marshmallows and cook, stirring constantly until the marshmallows are melted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the cornflakes, apricots, sunflower seeds, almonds, dates, sesame seeds and vanilla.
- With moistened hands, press the mixture evenly into the baking pan.
- Refrigerate covered until firm at least 30 minutes.
- The cooking time is the 5 minutes cooking plus the 30 minutes in the fridge.
This is a very different and unusual breakfast or snack bar. I thought the sesame seeds gave it an odd taste and would leave them out if I made this again. Even after 45 minutes in the fridge my bars were still not very firm although they did hold together. These are filling, fairly healthy and definitely WW-friendly - thanks for posting!