Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I wish I could have got this up in time for Easter, it’s such a beautiful dessert and it screams springtime. The kids will love it and for the most part it’s healthy. Prep time includes refrigeration.
- 1 (16 ounce) package large marshmallows, halved
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Place marshmallows in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a sauce pan whisk the egg yolks, milk, and mustard; cook and stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160°F and coats the back of a metal spoon, cool for 5 minutes then stir into marshmallows.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream, powdered sugar and vanilla on medium speed until soft peaks form. Fold into marshmallow mixture. Add fruit and gently toss.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Just before serving, stir in the pecans.