Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful, and refreshing treat. This recipe needs to chill for 1 hour in the freezer. Prep time includes chilling time.
- 1 (1 lb) can fruit salad, very well drained, and cut (the larger kind for salads)
- 1 (9 ounce) can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 medium apple, peeled and diced
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (can use more)
- 1 cup cool whip frozen whipped topping, thawed (I prefer Cool Whip) or 1 cup whipped cream (I prefer Cool Whip)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (Hellman's is best for this)
- In a large bowl, combine fruits, marshmallows and pecans.
- Fold in the Cool Whip topping and the mayonnaise into the fruit; toss lightly to combine well.
- Transfer the mixture to a 8x8-inch dish.
- Chill in the freezer for about 1 hour (NOT until solid).
- Cut into squares.
- *note* make sure that the canned fruit is VERY well drained, I like to pat off any excess moisture with a paper towel.
- Also, if you plan to double this recipe, prepare in TWO separate pans.