Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice light frosting with a little different twist from my Fluffy 7 Minute Frosting. Little to no fat in this recipe.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup marshmallow creme
- In top of double boiler, combine egg whites, sugar, cream of tarter, corn syrup, and water.
- Place over boiling water, beat till stiff peaks form; scraping bowl occasionally.
- Remove from heat; add marshmallow cream.
- Beat till spreading consistency.
I wasn't really getting it to whip up in my double boiler, so I threw the marshmallow creme in and threw the whole thing onto my mixer and after about 10 minutes it whipped up beautifully! I am hooked on this stuff! The longer you whip it, the better it gets.
I had trouble getting the meringue to come to a stiff peak. I finally had to put it onto my mixer and beat it at high speed for about 15 minutes for it to get any thickness at all; then I added the marshmellow. It tasted great! but it ran and made my 2 layer cake shift. I would use it again but only on a sheet cake.