Published in The Blade (Toledo, Ohio) on 12/30/08, credit is given to Amy Stein (a local woman). I have not made it, but it doesn't look like there is a Recipezaar entry for this, so I am adding it to our collection. (The sugar is supposed to read "2/3 c + 2 Tbls sugar".). Use for your Rice Krispie treats and more!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat egg whites and cream of tartar together until light and frothy.
- 2With mixer running slowly, add 2 Tbls sugar, beating until soft peaks form.
- 3In a small saucepan, combine 1/3 cup water, corn syrup and remaining 2/3 c of sugar.
- 4Cook over medium heat until boiling.
- 5Cook, stirring, until mixture reaches the firm ball stage (between 242 F and 248 F), about 6 minutes.
- 6Immediately remove from heat.
- 7With mixer on low, slowly add hot syrup to egg white mixture.
- 8Increase mixture speed to high and continue beating for 5 minutes.
- 9Add vanilla and continue to beat until mixture looks like marshmallow cream, about 1 minute more.
- 10Store in glass jar with air-tight lid on countertop.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marshmallow Fluff
Serving Size: 1 (549 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 34.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 42.8 g
- Protein 2.1 g