Recipe by Ransomed by Fire
Chocolate cookies with a crispy sugar coating and a gooey marshmallow filling. From http://www.nobiggie.net.
- 15 large marshmallows (cut into thirds)
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar (plus 1/2 cup sugar for rolling)
- 1 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 2 unbeaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut marshmallows into thirds and keep in the freezer while you prep the dough.
- Mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, cream together shortening and sugars.
- Add eggs and vanilla to sugar mixture and beat well.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Chill dough.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
- Roll dough around each piece of marshmallow, sealing the edges.
- Roll each cookie in sugar and place on ungreased baking sheet or silpat about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake for 4 1/2 to 5 minutes. (Cookies will still be very soft when done but will firm up nicely.).
- Let cool.