Ransomed by Fire's Note:
Chocolate cookies with a crispy sugar coating and a gooey marshmallow filling. From http://www.nobiggie.net.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut marshmallows into thirds and keep in the freezer while you prep the dough.
- 2Mix the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- 3In another bowl, cream together shortening and sugars.
- 4Add eggs and vanilla to sugar mixture and beat well.
- 5Stir in the dry ingredients.
- 6Chill dough.
- 7Preheat oven to 400 degrees Farenheit.
- 8Roll dough around each piece of marshmallow, sealing the edges.
- 9Roll each cookie in sugar and place on ungreased baking sheet or silpat about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- 10Bake for 4 1/2 to 5 minutes. (Cookies will still be very soft when done but will firm up nicely.).
- 11Let cool.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Marshmallow-Filled Chocolate Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.2
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 24.8 mg
- Sodium 257.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 24.6 g
- Protein 3.4 g